Article on NABU at VICE Motherboard

This is for any announcements we may have
Mark_G

Re: Article on NABU at VICE Motherboard

Post by Mark_G »

Since this news, the computers sold out at lightning speed.
As far as I could tell, the last lot was sold within hours.
Even at adjusted prices.
ernie

Post by ernie »

LeoBinkowski wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:31 pm
ernie wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:16 am
Took me a lot not to reply to that comment re: selling units. If only they knew how long it took me to get James on the line! LOL.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you all for giving me a chance to talk about this community. This has been one of my favorite stories ever. Please keep in touch, and I’ll keep an eye out for any additional barns full of additional units. :D
Ernie, I just want to publicly thank you for that article. I turned out much better that I imagined, and a lot of what you wrote about the ebay vendor I didn't know whatsoever, so it was a real treat for me.

I put it up on facebook and linkedin and had an enthusiastic response to it. You published that story at a good time; it appears to have grown many legs from your original:

https://gizmodo.com/why-2-000-nabu-pcs- ... 1850586784

https://www.techspot.com/news/99238-mas ... -ebay.html

MSN and PC GAMER!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technol ... r-AA1de7wK

So I'm pretty happy to see all the attention for NABU. This is turning out to be the Year of the NABU, and in no small part to your wonderfully written article about the whole thing.

Thanks again!

Leo
That means a lot, Leo—and thank you for being so gracious with your time as a source. You never know where these journeys are going to end up when you start, but this one turned out to be a story worth telling. May all these people who got a hold of the NABU over the last week find a community that is worth diving into.
ernie

Post by ernie »

Mark_G wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:27 am Since this news, the computers sold out at lightning speed.
As far as I could tell, the last lot was sold within hours.
Even at adjusted prices.
I noticed this—I don’t think this necessarily surprised me, but I do think it was interesting to see it all play out. I kept an eye on things and it looked like at least one of the batches disappeared in a matter of couple of hours.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Well Ernie, you're part of the timeline now. A lot of interest was generated, so I hope that I can have fun revealing even more things.

As it stands, I write about 10-20 pages of thoughts down before every video, just so that I can sound coherent. At some point there might be enough material for a book.