Bdos Err on A: Bad Sector - Constantly

The RetroNET Cloud CP/M operating system for the NABU PC.
davef200

Bdos Err on A: Bad Sector - Constantly

Post by davef200 »

Hi All,

New to the Forum and new to Nabu. Just got mine in the main a few weeks ago and just began using it a few days ago, because I needed to replace a VRAM chip to get it working.

In any case, I've built a cable, which is working fine in general. The cable even works great for the slide show, which appears to work flawlessly.
However, the only thing that doesn't work well is Cloud CP/M. It works 70% of the time, but I'd say about 30% of the time, I get an error that says "Bdos Err on A: Bad Sector" (or "B:" if I'm on the B: drive). It often happens in the middle of using it, or it can happen during the boot sequence. CTRL-C doesn't clear it (even if I do it 10-15 times). BTW, I'm using the NABU.CA internet adapter software on a MAC M2.

Any idea what's happening here?

THANKS!
Dave
LeoBinkowski

Re: Bdos Err on A: Bad Sector - Constantly

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Generally, this might be the cable or the contacts of the cable, but I'll let DJ comment on it as well.
davef200

Re: Bdos Err on A: Bad Sector - Constantly

Post by davef200 »

Thanks Leo. I thought it might be the cable, as well. However, I know that the slideshow is one of the most data-intensive applications, and it seems to work fine. So, that's what has me perplexed. I look forward to hearing DJ's thoughts, if he has the chance...

Thanks again.