Hello from Utah

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
tbt10f

Hello from Utah

Post by tbt10f »

Nothing too fancy going on. Got a few broken joysticks from eBay and fixed them up. As you can see in the gallery, my Nabu has a purple screen, and vertical streaking. Is it supposed to be blue? I have it hooked up with composite cables. I'm not sure if it is the TV, a hardware problem, or what exactly.

I own a small computer repair shop and have a few computers in a museum area for people to look at, most are donations and the Nabu is the only NIB computer in my collection

--Ralph

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... AwbXZyZ1dR
productiondave

Re: Hello from Utah

Post by productiondave »

If you measure the composite signal with your scope you might find that the base voltage is higher than it's supposed to be. Have a look at this video.

As always do your own research. I did the mod described in the video and it helped a little bit.
tbt10f

Re: Hello from Utah

Post by tbt10f »

Thanks for giving me some pointers. I will mess with the resistor/diode approach and also fiddle with the variable cap and see if that helps with the vertical lines. I have also ordered a second Nabu (was thining to have at my house for me/the ids to play with) so I will be able to compare the two of them. I wish I had a small CRT TV to hook it up to but they don't show up locally very often anymore.