New NABUer from Chicagoland

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
c1ph3rpunk

New NABUer from Chicagoland

Post by c1ph3rpunk »

Long time computer user, new to the NABU. Saw a video from DJ a while back where he mentioned the family he had at the company, something I can totally relate to. Dad was an EE, worked for TI, Arrow and MOSTEK then decided he’d design, build and sell a Z80 based luggable, Micro Source, Inc, M6000P, targeted to business users. Took a loan out against the house, made and sold several thousand of them in that 1982-1984 time then went bust in like 1985. Lost the house, family split up, the whole 80’s PC story. But boy, as a kid watching and being around it was .. interesting? I guess it’s inevitable I landed in tech myself, started in PC’s, moved to UNIX in dot coms then landed in security in 2007, I manage a cloud security team for a SaaS company now.

I’m truly impressed with how much you all have been able to pull off so far and a looking forward to many more sleepless nights hacking these NABUs.

Mine as of last night works, thanks for all the hard work and help
DJ Sures

Re: New NABUer from Chicagoland

Post by DJ Sures »

c1ph3rpunk wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:43 am Long time computer user, new to the NABU. Saw a video from DJ a while back where he mentioned the family he had at the company, something I can totally relate to. Dad was an EE, worked for TI, Arrow and MOSTEK then decided he’d design, build and sell a Z80 based luggable, Micro Source, Inc, M6000P, targeted to business users. Took a loan out against the house, made and sold several thousand of them in that 1982-1984 time then went bust in like 1985. Lost the house, family split up, the whole 80’s PC story. But boy, as a kid watching and being around it was .. interesting? I guess it’s inevitable I landed in tech myself, started in PC’s, moved to UNIX in dot coms then landed in security in 2007, I manage a cloud security team for a SaaS company now.

I’m truly impressed with how much you all have been able to pull off so far and a looking forward to many more sleepless nights hacking these NABUs.

Mine as of last night works, thanks for all the hard work and help
Oh man yeah I can relate! Divorce and everything but so happy the nabu came back. It’s given me a chance to continue the development that I was once told about. And dreamt about :) glad you joined!
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Hiya Punk,

Welcome to more late nights, probably due to time zones.
c1ph3rpunk

Post by c1ph3rpunk »

I don’t sleep much.