Hi all

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
Kerploppus

Hi all

Post by Kerploppus »

I am a Kerploppus called Megan. I've had my Nabu for a couple of months now, but am waiting on a keyboard to arrive. So I've been sitting on my hands since november waiting to join in the fun. I'm happy this resource exists.
LeoBinkowski

Re: Hi all

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Welcome and Hi Kerploppus. I hope you manage to score a keyboard some how. I have 6 weird NABUs in various disrepair, and three keyboards, 2 of which are missing 1 key. I'm hoping a spare parts market emerges from the people who buy loose keyboards.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Hi - you can emulate the keyboard quite easily. You'll just need two rs422 adapters. One is for the Internet Adapter, and the other is for the keyboard.

All you have to do is connect the RS422 to the keyboard of the NABU and plug the other end into the PC. On the PC, load any terminal software (like hyperterm or what ever) and select the COM port and baud rate. When you type in that window, it'll send the commands to rs422. I can make a video if you'd like
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Here i made this. I'll test it tomorrow and make a video for you. It'll emulate a nabu keyboard from a PC.
Capture.JPG
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Here you go: viewtopic.php?t=42
Kerploppus

Post by Kerploppus »

OH man oh man! Thanks for this!

I just saw the video on youtube and thought "this isn't just coincidence, is it?"

I actually do have a proper nabu keyboard on the way, buuuut... this is totally awesome. I had figured that it was just a matter of time until a way to use whatever keyboard came to the surface. My question/concern about that was the handful of unique keys the Nabu keyboard has, and what the upshot is for functionality, how necessary those keys actually are, how to remap an off the shelf keyboard if needed, all that stuff. And, of course, the joystick connection issue, but that's solved, so hooray!

This is gonna make a lot of people very happy.

Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys. I'm not a coder at all, but hardware I'm good with, so I'm really looking forward to some relaxing evenings of PCB soldering to make disk controllers and whatnot.
Hammerly

Post by Hammerly »

Hi there. Using a bed frame for a bed frame for adjustable base https://www.progressivebed.ca/collectio ... bed-frames can enhance the overall sleep experience and provide added benefits. An adjustable base can help alleviate discomfort associated with certain health conditions, such as acid reflux, back pain, and snoring, by allowing you to adjust the position of your bed. However, without a compatible bed frame, the base may not be stable or secure. A bed frame designed for an adjustable base can provide optimal support and stability for the base and mattress. When selecting a bed frame for an adjustable base, it’s important to consider factors such as the weight capacity, compatibility with the base, ease of assembly, and overall stability and support provided. By carefully evaluating these factors and selecting a bed frame that meets your specific needs, you can enhance the overall sleep experience and improve your comfort and well-being.