Getting started with nabu-games

The author of CPM Tetris and Snake.
gfroberts

Getting started with nabu-games

Post by gfroberts »

I'm trying to take the plunge and be able to compile and run these games, as a prelude to being able to build some of my own. struggling a bit to get started.

since these are configured for linux but I normally operate in a Windows environment i thought the least painful path would be to use wsl. i downloaded the latest "nightly" z88dk tarball but it doesn't have executables in the bin directory, and building it has been a challenge. many packages to download and install. i'm currently looking at an error message when installing texinfo...

so now i have a funny feeling i'm doing this the hard way. is there already a linux tree that has everything built? I followed the same steps I did previously to install the windows one, going to nightly.z88dk.org but now I see the instructions point me to sourceforge? when i previously tried to use the sourceforge image when i was setting up a windows environment i found it didn't have the lib/config.nabu.cfg information.

sorry for the newbie question.. thanks for any help you can provide...

- glenn
DJ Sures

Re: Getting started with nabu-games

Post by DJ Sures »

Download the nightly build. Not the source. My entire GitHub repo is setup for windows. Good description and details on the main page if nabulib repo
gfroberts

Post by gfroberts »

Ok thanks. I’ve already got the Windows development environment working so I’ll just look at the makefile and make any changes needed to work in windows
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Because it’s windows I have bat files

If it’s installed c:\z88dk it’ll just work