NOOB trying to build Hello World - help please..

The RetroNET NABU-LIB z88dk C Library for creating games and software.
intangybles

Re: NOOB trying to build Hello World - help please..

Post by intangybles »

Silly question time, not programmed in DOS for years, windows never! whats the suggested file structure to match DJ's I have not seen anything other than C:\z88dk

Thank you.
NABU Away! and going strong so far...
www.amigaretro.com
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

intangybles wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:09 pm Silly question time, not programmed in DOS for years, windows never! whats the suggested file structure to match DJ's I have not seen anything other than C:\z88dk

Thank you.
That's it - just that. put z88dk in c:\z88dk

Your project can be anywhere else but need to be relative to the nabu-lib folder - that's why the github looks so ugly. Maybe it's something I'll fix today or tonight. should only take a minute.

As for your BUILD.BAT files, if it's a nabu file than your output path should be where your nabu segments folder is in the internet adapter. Otherwise, the CPM tools will create a disk if it's a cpm program. And that disk needs to be copied to your retronet storage folder. also found in the internet adapter settings
intangybles

Post by intangybles »

Thank very much for that! I’m not a YouTube person - I’m sure there are others too ;) so I was thinking of writing it up as I go for a simple “get started” for others! I see this as a great system to get people into programming and others like me - not programmed in 30 years - back into it! So I was not wanting to write up anything that “conflicts” with a suggested tree!

If you are planning to tidy up your GitHub I may well just just suggest cloning the tree into the desired development folder?

Thanks again!
DJ Sures wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 7:10 pm
intangybles wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:09 pm Silly question time, not programmed in DOS for years, windows never! whats the suggested file structure to match DJ's I have not seen anything other than C:\z88dk

Thank you.
That's it - just that. put z88dk in c:\z88dk

Your project can be anywhere else but need to be relative to the nabu-lib folder - that's why the github looks so ugly. Maybe it's something I'll fix today or tonight. should only take a minute.

As for your BUILD.BAT files, if it's a nabu file than your output path should be where your nabu segments folder is in the internet adapter. Otherwise, the CPM tools will create a disk if it's a cpm program. And that disk needs to be copied to your retronet storage folder. also found in the internet adapter settings
NABU Away! and going strong so far...
www.amigaretro.com