recommended joystick

Document what is being done to recover original NABU software and hardware, and discuss clever hacks for fixing the NABU.
cavaughan

recommended joystick

Post by cavaughan »

Don't know which section to post this in, but I was hoping for a suggestion on joysticks for the Nabu. Thanks!
LeoBinkowski

Re: recommended joystick

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Any Atari type joystick that worked with a 2600 or C64 will work.
c1ph3rpunk

Post by c1ph3rpunk »

I have a couple generic Atari type ones off Amazon. I don’t know how I played them for hours as a kid, they’re not terribly comfortable to use for more than 10 minutes to me now.
doug_in_nc

Post by doug_in_nc »

I have a couple of Hyperkin Trooper joysticks, and they are pretty decent, and a step up from the No-name Atari 2600-style joysticks you normally get on Amazon. It’s also available there. If you want more of an arcade feel, then building your own is the way to go. The fairly cheap Chinese arcade buttons and sticks you pick up on Amazon or E Bay are actually pretty good, and would make a much better feeling joystick. I have one wired up to USB in a 3d printed case and one I used in an arcade cabinet I built a few years ago, and when I get round to it I’m going to build one with a 9 pin DE connector too.
c1ph3rpunk

Post by c1ph3rpunk »

I’ll second the Hyperkin, I like the dpad style one.