Pi Inside

News, updates, and discussions around the official NABU.CA RetroNET Internet Adapter.
DJ Sures

Re: Pi Inside

Post by DJ Sures »

intangybles wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:22 am
DJ Sures wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:17 am
intangybles wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:00 am I have set my Pi3B up with a script to toggle the boot autostart from one NABU server to the other, ready for when my NABU arrives.

I may even get industrious and hook up a GPIO button to do it or do it programmatically, will have to see how I go!
oh that's a neat idea to use gpio!
Thanks, I've added shutdown via a GPIO button multiple times so it should not be too tricky! You could even do it with the "off the shelf" scripts and just make that script "toggle" your boot, ie; one power off it selects one server, the next power off it uses the other.
That's super great - when you get it running, let us know. If you want to turn it into a project, I'll add a category here for you to post the stuff. I think ppl would appreciate an embedded Pi solution like that.
intangybles

Post by intangybles »

NABU arrived! WiFi connected Pi is working well with the NABU and TV in the lounge!
B0885475-3E4B-413D-A04A-D1C05165C293.jpeg
Now to work on the management for the Pi! Shutdown etc!
DJ Sures wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:22 am

Thanks, I've added shutdown via a GPIO button multiple times so it should not be too tricky! You could even do it with the "off the shelf" scripts and just make that script "toggle" your boot, ie; one power off it selects one server, the next power off it uses the other.
That's super great - when you get it running, let us know. If you want to turn it into a project, I'll add a category here for you to post the stuff. I think ppl would appreciate an embedded Pi solution like that.
NABU Away! and going strong so far...
www.amigaretro.com
intangybles

Re: Pi Inside - shutdown button etc

Post by intangybles »

I have done basic testing on my single button rig, all good.

But was thinking on which way to go with it - keep it to a single button etc - after some other peoples thoughts?

Should I add it to the topic: viewforum.php?f=28
www.amigaretro.com
intangybles

Post by intangybles »

DJ, going on from this and my other question about. Thinking of the "out of the box" multi-button hat type options for the Pi, can the server be made to read a given config or command line to allow the selection of a desired "channel"?

ie; press button one for CP/M, button two for Cycle 2 etc?
DJ Sures wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 9:22 am

www.amigaretro.com
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

You can edit the config file if you want to manually change the default channel. Otherwise just press the SAVE CHANNEL button in the program to save that channel as default

I'll do the headless IA control option soon lol. I started it a few months ago and really only need to package it up. I wouldn't use it so it's selfishly low priority for me :D