FALKEN - Digitized Audio

The RetroNET Cloud CP/M operating system for the NABU PC.
DJ Sures

FALKEN - Digitized Audio

Post by DJ Sures »

Another first for the NABU! It turns out the NABU Computer's AY-3-8910 can play digital audio! I'll have to filter the audio file more if we want to hear better music. But with spoken words, it sounds great. Quite a few cycles are available during playback, so I don't see why this couldn't be added to any NABU PC games. Digital audio for games would be pretty wild - something I'll work on one day. In the meantime, you can run the digital audio sample on your NABU in Cloud CPM User Area 1. The program is named NABUTALK.

I guess use cases could be shorter samples for drums, guitars, and synths for music. Or even sound effects for games. Because it only uses 1 channel, you could have the 2 other channels playing simultaneously while this one is rock'n a loop or playing drum samples.

MagnumPEI

Re: NABUTALK - NABU speaks!

Post by MagnumPEI »

Awesome. 8-)

And those are exactly the first words I would have chosen.

(closely followed by "Got the humanoid. Got the intruder." or perhaps from Sinistar, "Beware, I live.")
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

BEWARE I LIVE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH

yeah that's good. mine might have been "FRENZY. PHASE 1. FRENZY. PREPARE TO DIE"

oh man this guy sucks at frenzy...
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

What an odd game. I don't know what the hell is going on there.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

MagnumPEI wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:59 pm What an odd game. I don't know what the hell is going on there.
It was one of my favorites as a kid because of the speech. It would get pretty intense with the computer yelling at you. The happy faces are trying to attack you. The guy playing had no idea what to do - but that's understandable lol