dsk files and games

The RetroNET Cloud CP/M operating system for the NABU PC.
cavaughan

dsk files and games

Post by cavaughan »

I noticed in one of DJ's vids that he had a dsk file in his IA folder. So is there a way to run a dsk file on the NABU?

Next question is: if I discover a game or program that isn't on any of the drives, how do I submit it for inclusion?
DJ Sures

Re: dsk files and games

Post by DJ Sures »

There’s instructions on the nabu cloud cpm page on nabu.ca to make your own drive.

But really the almost easiest way is to copy the files to your C: using cloudgui or rncmd.

The absolute easiest way is to use the new cpmdrive utility to sync files from the RetroNET store folder to the D:

There’s a video on each method on either here, or the software page in nabu.ca. I made good detailed step by step videos that explain the process. It’s really really really really easy :) I’m just not able to repeat it all here because I did the tutorial videos already
cavaughan

Post by cavaughan »

I've done the d folder solution for myself. That's easy. I was just wondering how to share games that work with others.

I don't see anything about dsk files anywhere.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

You’re asking if there’s public disk storage. Funny, that’s what I set out to do at the start (read here). The truth is, I came across some untrusting individuals with shady behaviors in this hobby. So I realized exposing a public drive might be a bad idea.

So the solution to sharing CPM programs is you can post the files here on the forum, and I can add them to the cloud drives. There’s no reason to share an entire drive; zip up the files and post them here. The CPM drives are eight megabytes. A single file is usually around 20-40 kilobytes.

Sharing a drive is like sending a one tb hard drive with a single jpeg image. So share the files here. You can ZIP them up, and ppl can add them to their drives - and I can add them to the public drive :)
productiondave

Post by productiondave »

This is what I do. But I host the files on my GitHub so folks can pull them down from there. DJ kindly includes the files on the IA and in cloud cpm. To make it easy, I ship both versions. The native nabu and the cpm version.

https://github.com/linuxplayground/nabu ... s/tag/v3.4
Henry99

Post by Henry99 »

Hi.
Is there a plan to allow the use of a physical disk drive with Cloud CP/m?
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Henry99 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:37 pm Hi.
Is there a plan to allow the use of a physical disk drive with Cloud CP/m?
If I get a physical disk drive then yes. I don’t have one right now so I can only develop for what I have :)