From the notes of John Shortt

Stories, pictures, and artifacts from the O.G. NABU Rockstar, Leo
DJ Sures

Re: From the notes of John Shortt

Post by DJ Sures »

I just realized you’re wearing jackets. Is it cold there? Thought you guys were getting a similar heat wave
IMG_2127.jpeg
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Nah, it was raining cats and dogs, and I walked to that restaurant. But no, it was maybe 9C.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

LeoBinkowski wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 11:13 pm Nah, it was raining cats and dogs, and I walked to that restaurant. But no, it was maybe 9C.
About time we get nicer weather than you :) too bad it’s a desert here. And I was cutting a tree down and the top fell and hit my head. Now I have a big welt on my forehead!! It was bleeding pretty good so I covered it in polysporin lol. Think I lost a few brain cells. It’s pretty noticeable :P

Ppl r gonna think I got in a good hockey brawl in my meetings tomorrow
70493716090__BF5867E3-E157-453E-B1C2-61F915223A4A.jpeg
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

masto wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 7:55 pm I forum feature from Discourse that I really miss here is the ability to favorite a post. This is me favoriting yours: :star:
Aw, thanks. Sometimes it is easier just to post the snippets I have and see if anyone spots something important.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

DJ Sures wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:04 am About time we get nicer weather than you :) too bad it’s a desert here. And I was cutting a tree down and the top fell and hit my head. Now I have a big welt on my forehead!! It was bleeding pretty good so I covered it in polysporin lol. Think I lost a few brain cells. It’s pretty noticeable :P

Ppl r gonna think I got in a good hockey brawl in my meetings tomorrow

70493716090__BF5867E3-E157-453E-B1C2-61F915223A4A.jpeg
Ooh! I hate when that happens. Such a sad bobo on yer noggin. Perhaps I can interest you in my latest in NABU fashion, the NABU field engineer helmet:
LeoNABUFieldEngineerHelmet.jpg
Yes, that TARDIS contains all the NABU things I have left in the world.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Tell me that isn’t real?!?! I’ve never been so jealous lol. Not sure if it’s the hat or tardis I’m jealous of haha
intangybles

Post by intangybles »

DJ Sures wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:19 am Tell me that isn’t real?!?! I’ve never been so jealous lol. Not sure if it’s the hat or tardis I’m jealous of haha
SNAP! Yes that picture is soo cool!
NABU Away! and going strong so far...
www.amigaretro.com
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

that hard hat is close as nabu ever got to having a port of hard hat mac!!
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

DJ Sures wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:04 am that hard hat is close as nabu ever got to having a port of hard hat mac!!
Miner Code was designed to be quickly repurposed to Hard Hat Mac, had the rights been secured.
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

DJ Sures wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:57 pm I just realized you’re wearing jackets. Is it cold there? Thought you guys were getting a similar heat wave

IMG_2127.jpeg
What the...? Where did you record this temperature? Arizona? Sub-Saharan Africa? In all recorded history, my location has never reached that temperature. (not even when the dinosaurs were alive)

I must get a NABU hard hat. I also need a Tardis. (my home-made time machine isn't working out very well)