Error in IA causes freezes in Cloud CP/M

News, updates, and discussions around the official NABU.CA RetroNET Internet Adapter.
falken

Error in IA causes freezes in Cloud CP/M

Post by falken »

Hello DJ,

I'm currently editing all my "Golden Flutes and Great Escapes" programs to work with the new F18a-enhanced NABU emulator and its true 80-column display (finally!). However, I'm running into a serious problem which I believe to be in the Internet Adapter program and is causing Cloud CP/M to freeze when I'm ready to SAVE my edited program under a new file name (I plan to add a question to ask the user whether he/she prefers an 80-column display to all the games).

It's not until I exit the emulator, or click "Stop TCP" in the Internet Adapter, that the Internet Adapter gives me this error:

Code: Select all

Disconnecting Client. Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream'.
What do you make of that garglemesh?

Professor Stephen W. Falken
DJ Sures

Re: Error in IA causes freezes in Cloud CP/M

Post by DJ Sures »

Id need to see more of the log than that. Are you using name? Can you provide more info?

Are you doing anything with interrupts? The ia doesn’t do enough to make your program crash - it would be the other way around unfortunately for you. Some debugging :)
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Oh there’s also a full log history to a file. It can be enabled in the settings. Not the communication log, that’s too much. Just the debug log window contents. Because the ia is a slave. It’s not sending data, it reacts to data requests. So the cpm is sending data or polling for data

So your program is either changing an interrupt which prevents i/o. Or it’s sending data. It could simply be a buffer overflow that is overwriting data causing cpm to lock up
falken

Post by falken »

It seems I have raised a false alarm. My computer actually has an SSD as well as an HDD; and to save space on my SSD, I've instructed several programs to save files on my HDD. The freezing action is actually being caused by the IA program committing the changes to my C drive to the HDD; whereas it was previously committing changes to the SSD, which happened instantaneously.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

falken wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 1:02 pm It seems I have raised a false alarm. My computer actually has an SSD as well as an HDD; and to save space on my SSD, I've instructed several programs to save files on my HDD. The freezing action is actually being caused by the IA program committing the changes to my C drive to the HDD; whereas it was previously committing changes to the SSD, which happened instantaneously.
Awesome that you figured it out! Now onto more game development :)