Souvenirs

Stories, pictures, and artifacts from the O.G. NABU Rockstar, Leo
LeoBinkowski

Souvenirs

Post by LeoBinkowski »

I had taken some pictures of some of the NABU souvenirs I picked up. I'll share them in this thread.

To start off:

Brad Doyle was the nephew of Mike Doyle, one of the NABU founders. He was a jack of all trades in our "NABU on a shoestring" era. He gave me this patch as a souvenir, since had a box of them. Installers and tech would get sewn on their shirts and jackets, etc, to easily identify them:
nabupatch.jpg
MagnumPEI

Re: Souvenirs

Post by MagnumPEI »

When I saw the title, I immediately thought, "Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks."

Souvenirs.jpg
"You forgot your phoney NABU."
"What phoney NABU?"

(sorry - I seem to be stuck in 1984...)

Seriously though, it's great to see these historical NABU relics.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

MagnumPEI wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 5:37 pm When I saw the title, I immediately thought, "Souvenirs, novelties, party tricks."

Souvenirs.jpg

"You forgot your phoney NABU."
"What phoney NABU?"

(sorry - I seem to be stuck in 1984...)

Seriously though, it's great to see these historical NABU relics.
still on of my favorite movies. everytime someone says they don't know a language, i say "I know a little german.... he's sitting over there!"
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

Every once in a while, I go skeet surfing.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

This t-shirt immediately predates my time with NABU. It was a souvenir of the Computer Camp where NABU recruited me. Its wrinkly because it was found at the back of a drawer. I would've ironed it, but I decided to put it in a ziplock bag with the other NABU collectibles.

As you can see, NABU was one of the sponsors. Also, SYSTEMHOUSE is one of the sponsors, which is but one of John Kelly's previous companies. He did well off of SYSTEMHOUSE, which eventually merged with MCI, then acquired by EDS. Incidently, Les Perley, the director of Content Development for NABU Network and Director of Operations for NABU NETWORK (1984) Ltd. (What I call NABU on a shoestring)
20230605_142520.jpg