How many more will there be?

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
allinretro

How many more will there be?

Post by allinretro »

So ebay Pellmil-IIc has finished another batch. I grabbed another NABU (for a spare or parts down the road) when there was a handful left. Anybody have any inside info on whether he has more? Just Curious.

I thought I saw Leo post that this could be the last batch, then the post seemed to disappear?

-Alan
DJ Sures

Re: How many more will there be?

Post by DJ Sures »

The total count was 2200 he had. So I’m guessing there’s still quite a few more. Given that he’s only posting 100 up at a time, and the post lasts a week or longer. Can’t say for certain, but I feel like the sales of slowed down considerably. The first eBay postings were completed in a day or two. Now it’s taking over a week.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Yeah, I posted that it might be the last batch, because I saw that on Facebook, then I realized I had no way to verify that info, so I deleted it due to possibly being wrong, which it likely was.
allinretro

Post by allinretro »

He was also selling directly through his website so it's hard to tell exactly how many are left. As he gets down to final batches one would think the price would go up. Doesn't matter to me, I have one working unit and one one more on it's way for parts, if need be. May have some 'splaining to do to the wife when it arrives! "What? Another one of those stupid old computers!" ;)
allinretro

Post by allinretro »

Price is up to $ 99.00 US on latest batch.

I received my second NABU computer. Quick test and it goes back in it's box.

My wife questioned the rational of a second NABU computer. I guess I will skip my next hair cut / pedicure / body care products purchase, to finance. :roll:

I now have a "Nabudabooduo"

Now should I hack on one and keep the other original or should I hack on both?

--
Cheers
Alan
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Maybe keep one original incase something breaks with the hacking. I keep mine stock even though I have 5 or 6. I just like making software :)
twenex

Post by twenex »

NABU hoarding in 2023!

But honestly they're so cheap I've thought about buying a few to just gift to people or give away as raffle prizes at club events.
More NABU users (especially with MSXROM capabilities) means more life for the NABU RetroNET which is what we can all hope
is here for a long time. NABU really wanted a community and now NABU can.

pellmill discounts shipping if you buy through their website, btw!
allinretro

Post by allinretro »

Unfortunately Pellmill only does international shipping via ebay. No discounts to Canada, $79 US ends up $200 Canadian by the time it hits my door. Still cheap for New Retro Computer that is built like a tank.
twenex

Post by twenex »

If BC cannucks can go South to Seattle maybe a pallet of NABUs can be made available so you can hoark one from the back of my brother's van eh?
(he's genius, he hooked up our stereo)
They can at least have their fan issues taken care of. But folk in the frontier days of BC didn't know about NABU or Ottawa right?
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

twenex wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm If BC cannucks can go South to Seattle maybe a pallet of NABUs can be made available so you can hoark one from the back of my brother's van eh?
(he's genius, he hooked up our stereo)
They can at least have their fan issues taken care of. But folk in the frontier days of BC didn't know about NABU or Ottawa right?
Instead of fur traders we’ll be voyaging for nabu? Haha