NABU PAC-MAN Source Code discussion thread

Stories, pictures, and artifacts from the O.G. NABU Rockstar, Leo
labomb

Re: NABU PAC-MAN Source Code discussion thread

Post by labomb »

So I've tweaked the pac-man source to the point where everything assembles and plink is down to a single undefined symbol. The symbol is NA2DEF and is referenced in LOGO.MAC. I'm guessing that the definition is likely in NA2LOGO.REL, which is included in the plink LPAC file, and further guessing that there may be some issue with that specific binary included with the source.

I know that the source for NA2LOGO is not available, but I'm curious if there may be another copy of the binary from some other disk/image? Or is there another approach that I should consider to resolve the missing definition?
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

I’ll have to check the files for my Pac-Man build I did in the video where the map didn’t render correctly. I recall there was a file
I had trouble locating - think I found it in the 2049er source folder or something. After I already successfully unsuccessfully built Pac-Man I decided no more haha. I’ll post what I have when I’m in front of my pc this evening
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

I haven't found the source to it either, but it still might be found on any disk containing source in the pile I have OR on the hard drive.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

I have it. I’ll post it when I’m in front of the computer tonight
IMG_2516.png
labomb

Post by labomb »

DJ Sures wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 am I have it. I’ll post it when I’m in front of the computer tonight
Awesome... thanks DJ!
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Oh wait - i read your question incorrectly. You're not looking for NA2LOGO. You're looking for NA2DEF. I don't have that. But I also didn't have an issue building without that file - I don't think i saw a reference for it either.
labomb

Post by labomb »

NA2DEF is the undefined symbol error that I'm getting (it's referenced in the LOGO.MAC source file). My guess was that it was defined in NA2LOGO.REL, which is included with Leo's github repository, but apparently plink doesn't find the definition in that file. There is no source for NA2LOGO, so I'm not completely sure that's where the definition is... but a grep of the source tree doesn't show any other reference to NA2DEF other than LOGO.MAC.

I'll take a look at your source and see if I can figure something out, but I would think that you would have seen the same error as well. Weird. Also, the pacmenu.mac source is in your repository, but not in Leo's, although it is in his doall.sub. I removed it to get as far as I did. Guessing I should I add it back.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

I do have pacmenu. Added it to my repo. however, it's wrong. it's old. It was pacmenu as it was before. PACMENU was a lib, there was a SUBMIT for it:

LIB
<PACMENU=
<MAIN,OPEN,ENDSCR,ANIMATE,PACLOGO,ENGLISH,SETUP,REVERSE/E
PLINK @LPAC.LNK
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

With the code base I assembled you can build my messy game. Just need to find out why the map isn’t rendering correctly. The logic worked. The menu worked. Shouldn’t take much effort thanks to Leo’s sources i assembled