Having a blast with my NABU

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
dave

Having a blast with my NABU

Post by dave »

Hi friends, my name is Dave. A few pictures attached of my NABU.
nabu-inside.png
As I'm in the EU, I swapped the PSU for a Mean Well RT-65B and made a custom adapter using 4 ring terminals and 4 MOLEX 22292041 connectors.
I also had to get a DC fan; since I was not overhelmed by the static pressure of Noctua's NF-R8 Redux (non-PWM) I got a second one. They are fairly cheap and quiet for what they are and simply run off of 12V continuously.
nabu-powercable.png
Right now, I use a 15" Sharp composite LCD monitor and a Sega Mega Drive gamepad with my NABU, which results in a very pleasant experience.
Only thing that bugs me is needing 3 power outlets and a laptop dedicated for serving as an internet adapter, hence I'm working on one (or more?) microcontroller-based solutions.
tastypies

Re: Having a blast with my NABU

Post by tastypies »

Nice work ... I especially like the '4 ring terminals to 4 MOLEX' adaptor cable!

How is the second fan kept in place?

:D
dave

Post by dave »

Thanks. :) Actually it's just held in place by the pretty strong permanent magnet of the motor.
I tried other things like zip ties which didn't work, so I'm probably sticking with this or 3D printing something very custom.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Wow, that is a nice and clean power supply replacement. I like it.
dave

Post by dave »

LeoBinkowski wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:49 pm Wow, that is a nice and clean power supply replacement. I like it.
It's an honor to hear this from you, Leo!