nabu-games v3.3 released

The author of CPM Tetris and Snake.
productiondave

nabu-games v3.3 released

Post by productiondave »

This release fixes the bug where saving the high score in snake would crash the NABU.

https://github.com/linuxplayground/nabu ... s/tag/v3.3
DJ Sures

Re: nabu-games v3.3 released

Post by DJ Sures »

Noice. In your comment about copying the game to c:, they can use Cloud GUI to copy it.

Also - should i add a byte in cloud cpm that you can check to see if it's cloud cpm? That way, you can check if it is, and save the files on C: instead.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Oh wait - actually, rather than saving on c: just save on the retronet storage folder if it's cloud cpm. That way it'll be accessible always no matter what.
productiondave

Post by productiondave »

I'm trying to keep the code platform agnostic. If I can.

I'd prefer to not have to add conditionals in the code for different targets. That's why i don't have the ability to save the high score on native channels. My code already has to decide if it's running on CPM to save the score. It's already an anti-pattern that I couldn't find a way to avoid.

The way I support the retro is by compiling the same code against a different version of the library. The intention being to have a library that devs can use for each target that takes care of business. The retro has a native file system so it's easy to save data on that platform.

I don't really expect you to implement multi target support in nabu-lib. It would be nice but too much work for you. It would run a significantly high risk of NOT BEING FUN. :D
productiondave

Post by productiondave »

DJ Sures wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:09 pm Noice. In your comment about copying the game to c:, they can use Cloud GUI to copy it.

Also - should i add a byte in cloud cpm that you can check to see if it's cloud cpm? That way, you can check if it is, and save the files on C: instead.
I see you are still rocking v3.2 of both snake and tetris. Can these be updated to 3.3 please? 3.3 fixes the bug with snake crashing the system in CP/M. The bug never affected Snake in the homebrew channels. But might as well update them too to keep things aligned.

Thanks
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Oh of course. Difficult to keep track of the builds :).