I regret not choosing username "slidesho Bob"

New members, introduce yourselves here and post a picture of your NABU setup.
MagnumPEI

I regret not choosing username "slidesho Bob"

Post by MagnumPEI »

Hello! First, I'd like to thank DJ Sures for all the AWESOME work done to make NABU live again! I thought the NABU would just be a lovely paperweight with no purpose, but now it can do actual stuff... like a slideshow displaying the annoying bird from Green Forest ("Trouble! Trouble!")... and so on. Seriously though it's amazing the amount of work put in, seemingly endless new things added for us - all for free! (Unless... there's some evil motive that nobody knows about yet... getting NABUs to spy on us in our homes and report back. :P )

Also, thanks to Leo for all the work done back in the 80's and for saving all those disks for so many years. Imagine where we'd be if you'd thrown them out...

It's obvious to me why NABU failed - lack of advertising. I only just heard of NABU last year and I've been into computers since the 70's and lived in Ontario less than 400km from NABU headquarters. I thought I knew every computer ever made - and I have lots of computers, as you can see:

Desktop.jpg
NABU now sits behind me under wood-grained 80's CRT TV (with knobs) on a small wooden stand. (too lazy to take new picture)

My only problem with NABU right now is getting Internet Adapter to work on OSX 10.9.5.
LeoBinkowski

Re: I regret not choosing username "slidesho Bob"

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Interesting setup, thanks for the shoutout
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

Ah, here's my NABU setup:

NABU.JPG
I'm hoping the TV isn't too heavy. I don't want a crushed NABU. :D

For the last year, I've been using a 1983 Japanese IBM 4704 keyboard as my main keyboard (USB converted). It has Alps SKCC switches, just like the NABU has.

TRS-ALPS.jpg
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Lol that nabu case will withstand a nuclear bomb. All that would be left in the world would be cockroaches and Nabus
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

DJ Sures wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:00 pm Lol that nabu case will withstand a nuclear bomb. All that would be left in the world would be cockroaches and Nabus
I think you're right! There appears to be a NABU on the roof at Herman's bomb shelter sale.

Homega man.jpg

"It can take a 6 megaton blast - no more, no less."
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Where did you find that?! That’s hilarious