VCF stream

Stories, pictures, and artifacts from the O.G. NABU Rockstar, Leo
LeoBinkowski

VCF stream

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Well, due to a number of problems, I'm going to redo the stream pre-recorded with a Q&A. Dunno how that would work, though.
snuci

Re: VCF stream

Post by snuci »

It was still a good session but it might be best to just ask the same questions so the recorded version is like the session. You could not hear the audience ask questions anyway as Jeff repeated them for the stream.
Ducdreamer

Post by Ducdreamer »

:| Is it possible to view the stream somewhere
I have missed it :|
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

We got a few guys here excited for you to remake it - because try as we might, we couldn't find the stream on their website. We spent almost an hour clicking on everything on that website to no avail. :(
superbenk

Post by superbenk »

As commented on VCF East Discord it was a great walk through history despite the technical difficulties. Definitely look forward to a clean re-recording & agree that re-responding to the questions that were posed would be helpful since the feed cut out right as you were answering a few of them.

You also hinted at having more anecdotes & stories so if you felt compelled to produce an "extended version" I don't think any of us would complain :)
- Ben
TVsHasselhoff

Post by TVsHasselhoff »

It was great to see Leo on the VCF East stream, but really disappointed with the technical issues (streaming stutter. I wasn't that concerned with the mirrored slides).

Hopefully an uninterrupted video can be provided. Leo's got too much to contribute to have it lost due to a technical difficulty.
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Alright, the Director's Cut version of the Ghost of NABU Past:

MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

I just watched the whole video. Interesting history. I laughed when you said you wrote a resignation letter on finding out you were being paid too low. I did the exact same thing. I found out other programmers were making way more than me and I resigned, causing them to panic. I got a 40% raise and in two years I was making triple my original salary. Then, just like NABU, they went out of business.
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

Such a great video! Soon we'll have to work on the Ghost of NABU Present :D
LeoBinkowski

Post by LeoBinkowski »

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Actually, I've started on a Ghost of NABU Present, but I found I actually have about 2 hours more of stories in a similar vein, that would be really worth telling.

Too much NABU, not enough time. I'm not sure whether that is good or bad.

Leo