Cloud CPM to physical disk?

KLyball floppy controller card
GaryFDes

Cloud CPM to physical disk?

Post by GaryFDes »

Will we be able to read and write from cloud CPM to a real floppy (or gotec and such)? From basic it works. I cannot try it from the Nabu editor because it seems to be missing from the menu lately when requested to run the editor. From some of the other tools it works as well. I have not tried it from logo. Cloud CPM to a floppy sounds like a nice option?
DJ Sures

Re: Cloud CPM to physical disk?

Post by DJ Sures »

GaryFDes wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:02 am Will we be able to read and write from cloud CPM to a real floppy (or gotec and such)? From basic it works. I cannot try it from the Nabu editor because it seems to be missing from the menu lately when requested to run the editor. From some of the other tools it works as well. I have not tried it from logo. Cloud CPM to a floppy sounds like a nice option?
I’ve considered it but the storage buffer for the drive and additional driver support will increase bios and take more ram. Not a lot of ppl have the disk drive, so until I do it probably will be on the back burner, sorry :). Thankfully there are other options for using the original nabu software and their cpm. Cloud cpm was designed with the traditional original intent of not needing a floppy. You have the c: to store local files. I would like to port a logo though