BBC BASIC randomly bombs out (was: MBASIC shuffles lines randomly)

The RetroNET Cloud CP/M operating system for the NABU PC.
falken

BBC BASIC randomly bombs out (was: MBASIC shuffles lines randomly)

Post by falken »

A continuation of the issue titled "MBASIC shuffles lines randomly" on GitHub. Original post here: https://github.com/DJSures/NABU-LIB/issues/4

As requested, here's a ZIP file containing my BBC BASIC ports of the programs found in the "Golden Flutes and Great Escapes" textbook, as well as text files containing the instructions and "HELP" text for "MARS" (Jeffery Stone and I came up with the idea of moving those text walls into separate text files in order to make the "MARS" program smaller so that we could get it running on MBASIC in the first place). As I mentioned on GitHub, the games bomb out sometimes with random bogus errors; when that happens, I run "LIST" on the offending line to make sure I'm not going crazy; then I'll do "GOTO XXX" where XXX is the offending line to pick up where it left off; or I'll just "RUN" the program again if the "GOTO XXX" command fails.
GFGE_BBC.zip
"Golden Flutes and Great Escapes" games in BBC BASIC.
(32.18 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
DJ Sures

Re: BBC BASIC randomly bombs out (was: MBASIC shuffles lines randomly)

Post by DJ Sures »

Greetings, Professor Falken. I moved this thread into the Cloud CPM category because you accidentally put it in Cloud GUI. I updated A: with your new BBC basic contributions! Awesome thanks!
falken

Re: BBC BASIC randomly bombs out (was: MBASIC shuffles lines randomly)

Post by falken »

I've fixed some bugs in "The Great Escape" and "Mars", and am uploading the new versions to you now.
updates.zip
(19.69 KiB) Downloaded 132 times