Chat v4.1 updated with GPT

The Cloud CPM RetroNET Chat client from A: User Area #2
DJ Sures

Chat v4.1 updated with GPT

Post by DJ Sures »

The new client (v4.1b) and server (1.0b) have been updated. Now includes Athena, a little goddess we've been working with at my day job. She's living in your NABU now.

MagnumPEI

Re: Chat v4.1 updated with GPT

Post by MagnumPEI »

Neat! But, a couple questions:

1. Does that mean all chat text is being monitored by Athena? (to be later used for blackmail purposes, targeted termination, etc.?)

2. Is it like The General computer in The Prisoner where asking it "Why?" will cause everything to explode?

By the way, your little Toshiba CRT is identical to mine (bought in 2005), but mine is the 27". They have a known problem where capacitors go bad in the vertical sweep circuit and horizontal lines appear at the top (vertical foldover). Mine has that problem, but I never got around to fixing it. (note to self: buy capacitors)
DJ Sures

Post by DJ Sures »

MagnumPEI wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:41 pm Neat! But, a couple questions:

1. Does that mean all chat text is being monitored by Athena? (to be later used for blackmail purposes, targeted termination, etc.?)

2. Is it like The General computer in The Prisoner where asking it "Why?" will cause everything to explode?

By the way, your little Toshiba CRT is identical to mine (bought in 2005), but mine is the 27". They have a known problem where capacitors go bad in the vertical sweep circuit and horizontal lines appear at the top (vertical foldover). Mine has that problem, but I never got around to fixing it. (note to self: buy capacitors)
haha I think you're safe from a 3.5 mhz terminator :) . Jokes aside, there's no "monitoring". The Athena program only responds because there's an..

Code: Select all

If (response.contains("athena"))
  doAthena();
That's all there is for "monitoring" haha
MagnumPEI

Post by MagnumPEI »

Whew. That's a relief. I'll make sure not to put "Athena" in any chats involving my plans for world domination.